Wednesday 21 March 2007

Triage !

Determined to improve upon my recent performances and in order to take back some ground lost in recent excesses I entered the Gym last night with a grimace of steely resolve and a new pair of socks. I had forgotten to bring along a sensibly supportive pair of underpants which turned my grimace from one of resolve to one of panic for a fleeting moment.
I mounted the bike ( This in no way facilitated by my lack of undergarment I hasten to add ! ) and pushed out a quick 9Km ( Hills level 12 ). I hopped onto the Mill and slogged through 3Km at 10KmH and the 4th Km at 14Kmh. I then donned the Trunks and gingerly entered the pool. I managed to crawl the 500m though this was in sections of 50m with a break to de-mist my cheap goggles.
Hoorah ! VirtuTri #1 completed.
By way of celebration I cheekily knocked out another 10 lengths Breaststroke, which is my fallback provision for the big day !
Returning triumphant to the homestead even though a celebration was certainly justified I managed to get through the evening on Water alone as a thirst quencher !
The weekend cannot come soon enough for me - then the prohibition will be lifted.

That reminds me of another W. C. Fields quote :
Once during prohibition I had to survive on bread and water alone !

Something like that in any event !

1 comment:

Nick Browne said...

You did better than me staying off the booze last night. Tonight's drink with Paul is my cut off.