Friday 9 March 2007

Arse Backwards !

I am returning to the swing if not the fray itself. On Wednesday I continued my climb up Triathlon mountain with a 5K run and 12K bike ride. Having survived that I resolved to try my first Virtu-Tri on Thursday evening. Things did not go quite to plan.
Meetings in the afternoon, which were arranged at mighty short notice, were rounded off with a few cheeky ones in a local hostelry all washed down with a pleasure that will come to an end on the 2nd April !
Slightly fortified and yet unperturbed I made my way to the gym. A 4K run ( somewhat slower than usual ) was followed by an 8K bike ( again slower than the average snail )! Man, did I sweat the beers and impurities away ! Time did not allow me to attempt the pool but I think that was not unreasonable on Health and Safety grounds alone !!
Returning to the sofa I found myself pooped by the activity - though it may have been an after effect of the afternoon boozing brought to an rather abrupt end !

No comments: