Thursday 22 March 2007

In the words of Roy Castle..

Once set on the road to recovery I thought that I would be unwavering in my determination, how poorly I know myself !
Yesterdays plan
Meeting in the St Mellons Country Club followed by a trip to the gym in Cardiff and a light lunch. An afternoon of hard and honest graft then an evening of indulging and spoiling Mia and Jasmine who would retire early allowing me time for a short but invigorating run followed by a late but light supper and an early night.
Looked achievable in my minds eye !
Turn of events
En route to 4 hour meeting stopped for some deep filled bacon and egg sarnies which were ideal for building an appetite for a little Hamlet 'wake and bake moment'. Coffee galore to get through the meet then massive overindulgence in the buffet provided. Trip to see Jasmine who had been picked up from nursery by that stage. The visit included coffee and a rather heavy snack which left me drowsy for the nicotine fuelled trip to the Cardiff office. Work was punctuated with interruptions and discussions some of which were welcome, others tiresome and yet others downright annoying. The recommended solution was an early exit and a trip to the snug bar of the Traders Tavern to take a few liveners on board. Then, back on track with the plan, I indulged M&J but overindulged them in time awake and playing. All the time I was sniping and sweeping from the fridges ( food and booze ). They eventually alighted to their respective beds allowing me time for a huge meal before settling down in front of dreadful TV with too much ice-cream and Stella. I did not end up going for my predicted run !
Dedication! That's what you need.
If you wanna be the best, if you wanna beat the rest.
Dedication's what you need...

No comments: