Wednesday 24 January 2007

The Hills Are Alive

I did 6km on the treadmill lunchtime.

I programmed it for the distance, gave it my age and weight and then picked out an intensity level of 6 from the 1-12 range I was offered.

It started me off pretty slowly at 6.7 km/h but I left it to its own devices as I didn't know what gradient the hills would have and there wasn't going to be any more flat until the end.

It turned out that the machine altered speed according to the gradient, but I didn't up the level until towards the end so I ended up running for 56 minutes and burning up about 540 kcal.

I'll up the level next time to finish more quickly, but I imagine that running for nearly an hour even at an easyish pace is still bound to have put some fuel in the tank mentally and physically, rather like last Friday's long cycle.

No comments: