Monday 22 January 2007

The Challenge

Dropped the New Ninja Bomber back at his Mum's after Muay Thai. He wanted to stay with me and cried all the way there. I wanted him to stay with me so my eyes were damp all the way back. I went to the gym. A few weeks ago I would have gone to the pub.

Did a virtual:
  • 8km on the bike level 15 about 50 rpm
  • 4km on the treadmill flat at 9km/hr
  • 400m swimming.
I would have swum 500m but all my breathing experiments waterlogged my lungs. I think Andy's advice on my technique was sound though. All I have to do now is unlearn thirty odd years of bad swimming practice.

1 comment:

John said...

I have bought a book to assist with my swimming. There are drills and exercises in it to practise over and over so that muscle memory kicks in and the form becomes more autonomic. I have not reached the drills at all yet I have only just started the theory. I will tell you how I get on and send you a copy if the ideas work.