Wednesday 10 January 2007

No More auditions for the finger puppets !

Rather than simply longing to be fitter and having to find ever more outrageous excuses for avoiding exercise in any form I have been cajoled into something of a challenge. I have until April 22nd 2007 to get myself into some sort of shape and fit enough to complete the Swansea Triathlon. My girth at present is such that my arse spans two postcodes !

An evening of mental preparation lays before me with, perhaps, some helpful carb loading but I think it is extremely doubtful that I will actually don the ancient running shoes and shorts until tomorrow at the very earliest.

I shall have to plan an organised campaign to coax the tri-athelete out of me. Already I have resolved to go and see the new Rocky Balboa film and memorise the training scenes to gain a tactical advantage against Nick and the rest of the field at a later stage in my obsessive preparation !

Resolving to actually do some exercise is the next logical stage of my organised course of action.

2 comments:

Nick Browne said...

When you climb in that bike in April, you'll be ready, won't ya?

Why?

Because I've waited for 45 years to make ya ready.

You'll be able to spit nails, kid.

Like the guy says, you're gonna eat
lightning and you're gonna crap thunder!

You're gonna become a very dangerous person.

John said...

My whole life is a million-to-one shot !!!