Tuesday 23 January 2007

Bloody Recovery !

The Triathlon book provides a recipe for a post exercise recovery drink.

8-12 oz fruit juice of your choice
1 serving of fruit ( such as a banana or frozen berries )
1-2 pinches of table salt
1-2 teaspoons of protein powder
1-2 handfuls of ice
Place in a blender and puree.


I have a tried and tested variation which has stood me in good stead for years.

8-12 oz tomato juice
1 stick of celery
1-2 pinches of celery salt
1-2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce
1-2 handfuls of vodka
Place in a glass and stir with celery stick.


I am more than a little under the weather today and if it were not for the realisation that a missed workout would set me even further behind Nicks training slipstream I would not dream of attending the gym.

1 comment:

Nick Browne said...

Why not halve your lunchtime training and take a sauna as well. That might help if your coming down with a cold or summat.