Thursday 17 January 2013

That's Life.....

(The Dave Lee Roth version as opposed to Frank!) I was overdosed with Sinatra's slow orchestral monuments when I needed something a tad quicker to drag me up hills on Tuesday. It is now Thursday and my recovery from the ballad is almost complete. Apathy, traffic and an ice cold kit cooled, actually chilled in the boot of my car on a red warning snow eve have put paid to my thoughts of a run tonight. That's life, that's what all the people say....... My ardor for the road is cooled only and not stopped. I have eager anticipation for the next i-pod selection which is not overtly dampened by my rest days or the delights with alcohol tonight and my joy at practiced regional accents with Mia and Jazz last night. Keep watching and reading Brother mine and you will be driven to new competitive heights!

1 comment:

Nick Browne said...

Strange to remark, chilly kit from the boot of the car is a bĂȘte noire of mine as well.