Wednesday 2 May 2007

DOMS

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is the pain or discomfort often felt 24 to 72 hours after exercising and subsides generally within 2 to 3 days.
I've never had it before, but I've got it this afternoon in the top of my back and the rear of my neck. I wonder if it is from Thai boxing or from training with Gordon? The latter I expect as he had me doing quite a lot of overhead throws with a medicine ball.

What an inopportune time to receive John's request for a new challenge!

I propose the Afan Forest Park Off Road Triathlon 11th August 2007 (600m swim, 20k MTB, 6k Run) or perhaps the more modest Afan Forest Park Novice Triathlon 11th August 2007 (300m swim, 15k Mountain Bike, 3k run).

Any takers?

(I'm up for the Swansea Bay 10K Race on 23 September as he proposes as well.)

1 comment:

Nick Browne said...

On second thoughts maybe it is UNdelayed onset muscle soreness from training today.