Tuesday 8 May 2007

Chain-gang

Exercise campaign started back in an unusual fashion on Saturday when Steve the Bike, Dino the Trike ( a chip off the old block ) and Me the Scalectrix took shovel and fork to hand and attacked the back garden with a view to some levelling and some digging down to the house footings in order to ensure the proposed decking was at as low a level as possible.
We took into account the wise words of Andy Dufrense in the Shawshank Redemption
"... I only ask for three beers apiece for my co-workers, if that seems fair. I think a man feels more like a man when he's working out of doors in the springtime if he can have a bottle of suds. That's only my opinion. It would go down smooth, and I'm sure you'd have their gratitude."

Apart from that 3 beers apiece nonsense that is !

More of the same for me on Sunday - hard and unpleasant work which appears to show very little in the way of actual tangible results. I wish I had taken a photo of the area before the first shovel pierced the sod !

No comments: