Friday 20 April 2007

Less of the same please

The distance and endurance training I have completed give me as much chance of completing the challenge as Tiny E has of climbing Everest.

Yesterday I did some outdoor cycle work. This involved hopping on my bike and cycling into Skewen, chaining her up like a two wheeled suffragette while I purchased some La-Dee-Da's and then riding back to the old homestead just in time to cadge a lift to the Barn.

The regulars do not believe that I have entered a baby triathlon and indicated that they are always amazed that I can make it to the mahogany and back without suffering a seizure ! Cheeky Buggers !

They consider the recent training they have witnessed to be more purposeful in assisting my survival on the Pub trip to Cardigan a week after the Tri itself! ( 7.30 sharp arrival at the pub, breakfast and beer in readiness for the coach departure at 8.30, jam and scones in Cardigan followed by an early night.)

Anyhoo, I was tucked up in bed by 2.15 this morning and Nick arrives in the wild west at 6ish - just in time to get to the pub and lubricate properly before a nourishing Ruby. If I leave my training till Saturday will it be a bit rushed ??

"Man ! I couldn't eat that much salt in my whole life !"
"Yep, You're the little King Tiny E !"

1 comment:

Nick Browne said...

At least you can be sure that you won't have left the fight in the gym.

By the way, it is an 8 for 8:30 am start and we need helmets for the bike part of the event.