Wednesday 18 April 2007

Dead Again

In honour of the winding down approach which Nick has adopted I have, as anticipated last Wednesday, been on stop.
No, worse than that I have been backtracking at a rate of knots.
Wednesday afternoon and evening in and outside the pub. Two excuses, as if even one was required ! Sun and horse jumping.
Thursday off to see Steve No-Bike, with associated Stella haze, followed by a Chinese and a few more ales.
Friday was Cocktails a go-go. Experimentation with the B-52!
Saturday took us to the pub to watch the National and celebrate Mia's winnings in time-honoured 'well you can buy your Dear old Dad a pint' fashion. Followed by an impromptu BBQ to excess.
Sunday took us to Mark The Butcher for horse riding, trampolining, BBQ'ing and boozing.
Monday and Tuesday was more of the same.
In my defence I did go to the pool yesterday evening though I did nothing in the way of swimming - very similar to when I am actually training !

So, you will see, when it comes to the resting and cutting down on excessive excercise before the actual Triathlon I may as well be world champ !

No comments: