Friday 8 August 2014

Friday Night Blues & Buddhism.

Had to go for a maintaining run as soon as I got back as today it would have been too easy not to bother as my tank was completely empty. I am determined and have goal, purpose and drive.

I may do a longer run or a mixture of exercises tomorrow but for tonight I did just over 3 miles and slowly at that.

Now TV, a few drinks and Jazz (Jasmine that is as opposed to the Dollar Brand I listened to on the run).

Feats Don't Fail Me Now - Little Feat
Dear Landlord - Bob Dylan
Dumb All Over - Frank Zappa (I love that track and it is the first time I have heard it in years !!)
(Meet) The Flintstones - Dirty Dozen Brass Band
One Love Stand - Little Feat
Zimbabwe - Abdullah Ibrahim
Horse To The Water - George Harrison
Goodbye Again - Dave Alvin
On A Night Like This - Bob Dylan
Fuel My Fire - The Prodigy

I accidentally found myself considering Dukkha once again today as I listened to one of its most eloquent exponents explain the theories of suffering. It was Joe Bonamassa with his album Dust Bowl. I have decided that Bonamassa, Howling Wolf, Robert Johnson, SRV and the like are experts as Blues is one path to enlightenment. Nice!

No comments: