Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Qi of Running

I managed the longest run of this season today. I tricked myself with a new route which coalesced with my, now pleasingly standard, routine.
The trick, if that is what it is, was to persuade myself throughout that I had not reached the halfway stage so there was no point in even considering the duration as a whole. All the way I thought I was physically finished but I managed to keep it up for over an hour and when I saw the finish line I could still manage a frantic sprint.
Cheeky but pleasing! No one runs a marathon they run 26 separate miles one after the other.
It is all in the head!
As an addendum : Champagne, Peroni and Caffrey's in glorious excess made up the rest of my evening and the morning after I have an ache in my head which exceeds the ache in my legs!

No comments: