Wednesday 21 August 2013

Name of the Cistercian Rose

My momentum took me to to complete disorientation today. I went for a short maintenance run but with my new baseline I felt physically up to the Abbey and back, besides, it is so surprising that I felt it warranted another viewing.
I ran to the abbey then I ran the river. On the other side of the bank sat an old man with a tired and drawn face staring straight at me. I returned the favor and his face fell and his head shook but throughout his eyes never left mine. I had to look ahead, after all I was running a winding gravel and grass path on the bank of a river. Eventually I hit a straight patch and looked back to where he had been but was no more.
On reflection I could not recall if he was wearing a hoody or a cassock?
I carried on running and became completely disorientated and completely lost. I ran to and through Sims metal yard, through the neath dock, back to the Burrows reservoir, out and about and all over until I found a familiar hill and relieved felt renewed on a familiar road home.
One hour and 45 minutes after I left I was opening the side gate.
About 6 and a half miles - by the time I got back I was shaking my rather tired and drawn head too.
The Abbey turns out to be haunted..........I wonder ?

3 comments:

Nick Browne said...

I am intrigued by Neath Abbey. I must take a gander next time I'm back.

How is your weight with all this running? Falling off?

John said...

It is very out of place, a haven in a rather run down and dreary industrial estate which looks like a waste and scrap yard.
The weight remains fairly constant but hopefully it is moving around a bit. I am 15st 7lb as of last that post.
Your training appears to have gone up a notch too ?

Nick Browne said...

My weight training is the same as it has been for a year or so now, but I am trying to up the cardio to 2.5 km treadmill, 10km hill level 11 recline bike, 375m swim but it is a bit too much for lunchtime. I will try and do the run and bike when I go at noon today.