Wednesday 14 March 2007

Skewen... shit; I'm still only in Skewen.

Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the gymnasium. When I was home after my first tri, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the Gym. I'm here a week now... waiting for a training session... getting softer; every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Nick squats in the Virgin Active, he gets stronger. Each time I look around, the walls moved in a little tighter.

Training tomorrow ! Without a shadow of a doubt !

3 comments:

Nick Browne said...

Fishing on R&R... But you're feeling fit, ready
for duty ?

John said...

Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a triathlon, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice triathlon, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

Nick Browne said...

The more I read and began to understand, the more I admired im. His family and friends couldn't understand it, and they couldn't talk him out of it. He had to apply three times and he had to put
up with a ton of shit, but when he threatened to resign, they gave it to him. The next lightest guy in his triathlon was half his weight. They must have thought he was some far-out old man humping it over that course.
.....
A tough motherfxxxer. He finished. He could have gone for a curry, but he went for himself instead.