Monday 19 March 2007

Panic Stations

My regime of running, cycling and learning to swim started so well ! Commitment and dedication were my watchwords, I even started to eat healthily and watch my booze intake ! I was set to breeze through the Triathlon which was, at that stage, months away.
The training then underwent a few hiccups but I was always there or there abouts and the odd missed day, the odd binge didn't seem to have the potential to knock me off target.
What the hell happened ?
I am now miles behind and slipping further away from fitness and ability.
The Tri is only a month away and the panic reflex is starting to kick in. Time for me to sit down with myself and have a few words. In order to finish the Tri with a smile on my face I must set about training with more of a steely grimace of determination.
Got to hit the road and the pool and hit them hard.
When Nick first had an incling to attempt the tri he hit the gym and completed a 'Virtual' straight away ! I have not yet been able to achieve that, things are about to change !

No comments: