Tuesday 13 March 2007

Not waving, drowning !

Lunch at the pool means quite a different thing when one is on holiday; Perhaps suggestive of long Island Iced Teas, Pina Colada's decorated with cocktail umbrella's, the scent of sun tan lotion and the anticipation of a freshly prepared gastronomic treat. Actually I have never been on such a holiday but the idea is always with me when I thumb a brochure.
I am not on holiday! I went to the pool today to get on with my own swimming lessons. All I had to drink was heavily chlorinated water which went straight to my lungs and stopped me dead and retching in my tracks. I didn't eat at all but there are some biscuits here in the office which i will sneak away if the opportunity arises.
Could only manage 400m and that was achieved only through prolonged rest periods.
Oh Dear !!

No comments: