Monday 29 January 2007

Train of Thought.

A less than remarkable weekend on the Triathlon front I am afraid. Another increasingly frequent day of rest on Friday was finished off plumbing myself into the continental tap at a local hostelry before tucking into a Brasserie style steak and trimmings in the new canteen on the SA1 development. The trimmings consistd largely of the recommended red and a few nourishing La-dee-dar's ! Back at the ranch my lack of training guilt forced me to watch Rocky IV and V in quick succession whilst devastating a new box of Kronenburg !
Saturday was a sedate affair. I did manage a 20 minute jaunt on an exercise bike but the vast majority of the day was spent pandering to the attention of the smallest and dearest.
Sunday was once again spent with the kids but we snuck a trip to the gym and I ran for an hour albeit at a very tame 8-9 Km/h for most of the trip and ended up clocking 9 K.
Feeling slightly more worthy we popped to the domain of some good friends where I tugged on their collar and tucked away strongbow whilst lauding the merits of the Triathlon campaign and noting how seriously Nick is taking things in comparison with me !! Damn cheek I say !
On the way home from the cider fuelled chat the kids started anouncing in varying degrees of over the top welsh accent 'I am the only Gay in the Village!', over and over and over again.
When they tired of this little game silence decended briefly only to be broken after about 90 seconds with the rather condemning enquiry : - " What is a village anyway ??".

No comments: