Monday 22 January 2007

Nutrition

I went for a run yesterday, I ended up having a few runs and a few walks over the course of 45 minutes or so. My legs were aching from the get go and I was physically and mentally exhausted from the rigours of regular exercise and a cumulative lack of restful sleep.
If I was to feel that way all the time then the horrors may set in and my desire and resolve to continue with the training plan would be severely dented.
I will turn to careful nutrition to try and assist. A couple of Bananas now should set me up for a lunchtime swim then a few carbohydrate laden snacks later in the afternoon should assist with an after work run. I will augment the run by sipping on a sports drink as I change then drinking plenty of water en route.
I hope I get to the level of fitness where I can train long enough for a recovery drink to be required after a work out in order to replace all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals exhausted by my Olympian exertions !
I am a very long way from that at the moment !

2 comments:

Nick Browne said...

Still three months to go mate. Plenty of time.

Nick Browne said...

Still three months to go mate. Plenty of time.