Wednesday 17 January 2007

Isaiah 57:21

To improve matters in the pool I deem it necessary to better understand my Chi conflict with the water.
The Qi of swimming is working with the water, not against it. I must preserve flow, grace and balance with an economy of energy. I must walk upon the rice paper without leaving a trace.
I have trawled Amazon for a suitable tome by Kwai Chang Cain and the like and discovered “Total Immersion”, a copy of which is currently gliding effortlessly to my home.

Master Po: [after easily defeating the boy in combat] Ha, ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Caine: No.
Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?
Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not


When that fails I will return to Balboa !

What's your prediction for the swim?
My prediction?
Yes, your prediction.
Pain!

No comments: