Thursday 25 January 2007

'ell of a Buoy !

I was going to pop to the Gym this lunchtime and start practising some incremental swimming drills which will eventually build into a complete, stylish and competent swimming stroke ( well that is the plan at least!).
The first of these involves swimming while pushing your chest ( buoy ) down into the water. The displacement should push the hips upwards reducing drag and resistance and make swimming less of an effort.
I missed the window of opportunity by becoming embroiled in a conversation and then meeting about work management, allocation, revenue and targets for the next financial year !
Now I find myself tucking into a stack of corned beef and pickle sarnies longing for the end of the day so that I can do some exercise ! Anyone who knows me will realise that my previous equilibrium would have found me still waiting eagerly for the end of the day but yearning for one cheeky sherbet or the euphemistic "two".
Very much to my embarrassment I find myself booked into a 'Body Jam' class at 7.00pm tonight.
"A melting pot of hip hop, funk, latin and disco. A great fun class to get your feet moving and your heart pumping."
I am really not myself these days!
Yours,
John 'Irene Cara' Browne.

No comments: