Monday 15 January 2007

Contingency Plans

As my competence at swimming falls somewhere between a bag of sand and a lemming I decided that I had to establish a fallback position.
With that in mind I headed off to the pool this afternoon. I ended up splashing and spluttering through 500 m utilising my own rather clumsy version of breast stroke. That achieved and knowing that one shape or another I will be able to complete that discipline I set about teaching myself front crawl from scratch.
Out came the floats and I kicked my way through 125 m whilst attempting to regulate my breathing so that I took a deep intake every third virtual stroke. I will need to redouble my efforts if I am to compete with Nick who's training is honing him to a torpedo in the pool !
Perhaps I will try out the Dandy Horse later this evening just help visualise the three stages and the transitions.

No comments: